Information You Provide
- During registration, we ask for information regarding your username, name and email address, and optionally a password. Your name and other information you choose to add to your public profile will be publicly viewable on the Service. You may receive Service-related messages on your email address, including legal notices.
- You may also optionally provide us with payment information, including billing address if you decide to continue with a paid subscription to our Service. We do not store your financial account information on our systems; however, we have access to, and may retain, subscriber information through our third-party payment processor.
- You may also provide information in your contributions to the Service, interactions with other users and social networks, as well as in the associated meta-data. Some of this information may be publicly viewable.
- If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide. We may also receive a confirmation when you open an email from us.
Information We Receive
- Cookies: When using our Services, depending on your device and browser preferences, we may store a small amount of text information on your device. This allows us to recognize you and makes it easier for you to login.
- Log Files: We automatically receive and log information when you interact with our Services. Log data may include IP address, browser type, platform type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, user identifiers, session identifiers, date/time stamp. We use this information for operating and improving our Services, investigate application errors and to ensure secure, reliable and robust performance.
- Profiles: When using social sign-in mechanisms, we may receive information about your public social media profile including username, name, email and other data you allow the third party to share.
We use the information collected primarily to provide, operate and maintain our Services, including to:
- Identify, authenticate and provide secure access to features
- Process your transactions
- Notify you of requested actions and results
- Communicate with you regarding product updates and promotions
- Provide account assistance and customer service
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations
We retain your personal data for a limited time, and only to the extent necessary to improve, personalize and expand our Services by understanding and analyzing usage. This helps us develop new products, services, features and functionality.
We may share the information collected in certain cases, including as detailed below:
- We engage other companies to help us perform functions and provide services on our behalf ("Service Providers"), who help us host Website content, operate our Services, monitor our performance, process credit card payments, manage and contact our customers, follow up on sales leads and otherwise improve our Services. These Service Providers may only process personal data subject to our instructions and in compliance with this Policy, as well as obligations consistent with applicable confidentiality and security measures and regulations, including the GDPR.
- We may share or transfer your information to any potential acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- We will disclose information required by law, when we respond to claims, subpoenas, court orders or legal process, or find it necessary or appropriate to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity, violations of the Terms of Service or to protect the rights, property, and other interests of our users or others.
Legal Basis for Processing Information
If you are located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), we will collect and process personal information from you only where: (a) we have your consent to do so, (b) where we need your personal information to perform a contract with you, (c) where your organization has provided your personal information to facilitate the performance of a contract with your organization, or (d) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights.
In some cases, we may not be able to provide the Service to you or our organization if you or your organization do not provide the requested information.
International Data Transfers
We are based in the United States, providing Services globally. If you are accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you are agreeing to our Terms of Service and the transfer of your personal information to the United States. If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), to the extent that we are deeemed to transfer your personal information, we will provide adequate safeguards using the legal basis as described here.
EU Model Clauses: The European Commission has adopted standard contractual clauses, or model clauses ("EU Model Clauses"), which provide safeguards for personal information transferred outside the EEA. We incorporate the EU Model Clauses into our Terms of Service, if applicable. You may request a copy of the EU Model Clauses by contacting us.
We are committed to protecting your information by employing a variety of security technologies and organizational measures designed to protect information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. However, please bear in mind that network security measures are not infallible and the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Changing or Deleting Information
Registered users of the Service can access and update or correct information provided to us, either by logging into the service or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Subject Rights
If you are located in the EEA, you may also have certain additional rights with respect to your information, including (i) data access and portability, (ii) data correction, (iii) data deletion, and (iv) the right to withdraw your consent or object to the processing of your information. You may send us any subject access requests ("SAR") to email@example.com and we will respond within thirty (30) days. For any SAR, we will comply with applicable data protection laws, including the need to verify requestor inquiry before providing assistance.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service contains links to other websites. A link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites and are not responsible for information gathered by other sites and their policies regarding that information.