Terms of Service
Your use of ScoutZen ("we" or "our") software, service and website ("Services") constitutes your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions outlined ("Terms of Service") here. The Service and its enhancements including new tools, features and other resources are subject to the Terms of Service. We reserve the right to modify the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Continued access of the Service and its use by you will constitute your consent to and acceptance of any such changes. You can review the most current version of the terms here: http://www.scoutzen.com/terms.
- You must be 13 years or older to use the Service.
- You must provide a valid email address to complete the signup and for continued use.
- You must not employ automated signups, bots or other methods to register for the Service.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity associated with your account.
- You are responsible for complying with all applicable third-party policies facilitated through the Service.
- You are responsible for complying with all necessary laws including, but not limited to copyright laws.
- Free plans do not require payment and are available subject to limits and restrictions.
- Paid plans require a valid credit card and provide additional capabilities.
Accounts with Paid plans are billed in advance on a monthly basis with the fee appropriate to the selected plan. Annual invoicing and payment can be arranged by contacting us.
If any fee is not paid in a timely manner, or if we are unable to process transactions using the credit card information provided, we reserve the right to suspend or revoke your access to the Service, or at our discretion, downgrade your account to a Free plan. Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account.
The Service is billed from the date you elect, or convert to, a Paid plan and on each monthly or yearly renewal thereafter, unless and until you cancel your Paid plan. For any upgrade or downgrade in the plan level, differing amounts due to changes in your account, differing amounts due to promotional offers or differing usage of plan resources, the amount billed each month or year may vary, and you authorize us to charge your credit card for varying amounts.
We may change the fees and charges in effect, or add new fees and charges for certain features, but we will provide advance notice of such changes through the Service and to your account information. All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities or third parties. You are responsible for payment of all such taxes or other charges.
Cancellation and Termination
You can cancel your Paid plans at any time by downgrading to a Free plan via the "Account" settings. Cancellation will be effective immediately, and you will not be charged for the next billing cycle, provided you cancel before the end of the currend paid up month or year.
Paid plans are prepaid and non-refundable. There are NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR ANY PARTIAL MONTHS OR YEARS, upgrade/downgrade refunds or refunds for unused time periods with an open account.
You can terminate Account activity at any time by using the "Pause" or "Archive" features. All of your associated Content will be immediately deactivated, and scheduled for deletion. This information cannot be recovered once removed.
Copyright and Content Ownership
All content posted on the Service must comply with U.S. copyright law. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement as per our notification and compliance policy. We reserve the right, without any obligation, and at our sole discretion, to delete or disable content alleged to be infringing and to terminate accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights of others.
You retain all rights in, and are solely responsible for any content that you post or make available in your use of the Service ("User Content").
You agree to grant us and our users a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, store, display, reproduce, share, modify, create derivative works, perform and distribute your User Content solely for the purpose of operating, developing, providing and using the Service. You agree to extend limited rights necessary for our trusted third party providers in running or providing components of the Service.
The Service may contain links to third-party websites or resources. We do not endorse and are not responsible for their availability, information, accuracy, the related content, associated products or services.
No Warranty and Limitation of Liability
The Service is provided on an "As Is" and "As Available" basis without any warranty or condition, express , implied or statutory. Your use of the Service is at your sole risk and you will be solely responsible for any damages that may arise from such use. You expressly understand and agree that ScoutZen shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever (however arising, including by negligence), including but not limited to, damages related to use, misuse, reliance on, inability to use and interruption, suspension, or termination of the Service, damages incurred through any links provided on the Service and non-performance thereof and damages resulting from loss of use, profits, goodwill, sales, data or other intangible losses (even if we has been advised of the possibility of such damages).
- We reserve the right to modify, discontinue, suspend or terminate the Service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- There is no technical support provided except from "informational pages" or email, at our discretion.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without our express written permission.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates these Terms of Service or the intellectual property of any party.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transfered unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- The failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement governing your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
These Terms of Service are an agreement between you and Memamsa LLC, effective as of October 21, 2015.